We founded Road to Mafraq, a non-profit organization that helped increase access to education for over 1,100 Syrian and Iraqi refugees living in Jordan. We furnished classrooms, purchased school supplies/uniforms, funded tuition fees, co-funded construction of a library, and even built two playgrounds!
Our overall goal, in addition to successfully raising money, was to digitally tell the story of the Syrian and Iraqi people — who they are and why their stories, and their lives, matter — as well as the story of our donors and how they’re taking simple everyday actions to have a lasting impact on the other side of the world.
We did this by:
Organizational Development & Management
- Managed logistics of organizational development, including establishing Board of Directors, developing branding strategy, writing business plan, and shaping organization vision
- Identified, developed, & managed relationships with three international partner organizations in Jordan
- Recruited, mobilized, and managed three college interns and 30+ program volunteers/teams
Digital Marketing & Fundraising
- Coordinated web-based fundraising campaigns, community fundraising events, and secured corporate sponsors/cause marketing partnerships to raise $100,000+ for refugee education
- Samples of our fundraising campaigns include the #TinyHands campaign and the #HumanStory campaign
- Developed and implemented integrated marketing strategy (video, blog, social media, email, direct mail, presentations) to drive donor engagement for three outreach and fundraising campaigns
- Built a cross-platform subscriber base of 4,000+ across social media and email; Grew subscribers by 1000% in one year, generating leads and converting donors
- Website content management
Check out a few of our favorite marketing videos we created:
We developed the concepts, wrote the scripts, selected music, and shot the video for these pieces and then worked with professional video editors to pull it all together.
Project Coordination & Communications
- Led five volunteer teams of 3-5 people on Vision Trips to Jordan & Lebanon to engage w/refugee families, assess field partner organizations, and learn about the culture/history/geopolitical conflict in the Middle East
- Conducted 60+ community outreach events, speaking at conferences, universities, schools, forums across 12 US states, reaching 1,500 people in three months & over 3,300 to date
- Developed digital media kit for press and volunteers to use for events and campaigns